Each year at The Community Roundtable, we publish a report on what we have learned with our members during the previous year. Our members are leading community, social media, and social business practitioners at a wide range of organizations - from the very large to the small and agile. The report is a huge undertaking but we feel it is important to document and consolidate what the leading practitioners know so that we can help the market better understand the discipline of community management.
The State of Community Management 2011 is part research document, part reference document and it helps executives and practitioners:
- Understand the scope and complexity of the community management discipline
- Provide a training resource to new community managers
- Better plan for and support social business and community initiatives
- Improve the management of current social initiatives
- Find inspiration and new approaches to common challenges
This report could not have been developed without the perspectives of TheCR Network members, the insights from experts we have had as guests (follow them via our Twitter list), and the support of the report sponsors: Acquia, Enterprise 2.0, Farland Group, Igloo Software, Moxie Software, Rosetta, and Social Media Today. We have done our best to curate and assemble those perspectives, insights, and support in a way that provides you with a valuable resource. Please, in exchange, consider these individuals and organizations if they offer expertise or tools you need.